Postcode Justice Trust promotes its own society lottery for the sole purpose of raising funds for the Trust in order to support good causes. The lottery is managed on behalf of the Trust by its External Lottery Manager, People's Postcode Lottery.
The Trust is committed to ensuring that the Lottery is operated in a secure, fair and socially responsible way and to endorsing responsible gambling amongst its players. It expects its' ELM to have the appropriate processes in place to ensure that the objects outlined in the Gambling Act 2005 (listed below) and referred to in this policy, stand up to scrutiny.
The Gambling Commission regulates gambling in the public interest. The regulatory framework introduced by the Gambling Act 2005 is based on three licensing objectives:
- Preventing gambling from being a source of crime and disorder, being associated with crime and disorder, or being used to support crime.
- Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way.
- Protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
The policies below set out the Trust's approach to ensuring gambling activities are conducted in the appropriate way:
- Anti Fraud, Corruption and Bribery Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Policy.